Sony is a Japanese multinational corporation headquartered in Tokyo.
It is diversified business includes consumer and professional electronics,
gaming, entertainment, and financial services.
The company owns the largest music entertainment business in the world.
The Innovation King Sony has bought lots of features in their products.
Trend maker Sony has produced some worlds first products as:
– In 1997, Sony produced the world’s first portable music player, the Walkman.
– In early 1996, Sony entered the global computer market under the brand VAIO and become the first to the first brand to highlight Visual-Audio features.
– Sony introduced the first Cyber-Shot Digital Cameras in 1996.
– The first 4K home theater projector was released by Sony in 2012.
– The company built Japan’s first Tape Recorder, called the Type-G.
– December 1994, with the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan.
– In 1973 Sony received the first Emmy award to a Japanese company, for developing the Trinitron Color TV.
– Sony introduced its first Waterproof smartphone in early 2013 — the Xperia Z.
Short Timeline of Sony mobiles:
2001: Sony entered into a joint venture with Swedish Telecommunication Company Ericsson, forming Sony Ericsson.
2009: Achieved the fourth position in the mobile phone manufacturer in the world.
2010: Market share fell to sixth place.
2015: Released Xperia Z5 Premium.
2018: Still struggling with smartphones.
Reason for failure
1. Similar old and bulky design
2. Overpriced (hardly got a feature with that price) higher than diamonds
3. Late launched date
4. Outdated hardware
5. Lacks marketing clout
6. Lack of good customer services
7. Lack of accessories
Those list of reasons is only the visible problems which are seen as a user. Sony itself is a restless brand that cannot be unseen therefore they should prioritize their products. Whatever Sony announces it is sure to be the talk of the town.
We hope to see our favorite brand comes with a big bang.
Best of luck Sony!!